Three churches in Carlsberg/Hertlingshausen are built in neo-Gothic style. The Protestant parish church was built in 1864 as a replacement for a Protestant school and a prayer hall built in 1757. The church stands on the eastern edge of the village as a prominent building that is visible from afar. The Catholic Church of Carlsberg, "St. Cross", was established in 1874. The church is located in the centre of the village and forms the centre of the village with the neighbouring former council and schoolhouse. The first Protestant church in Hertlingshausen was built after 1716, where it stood, is not known. The present church was built in 1864.